Wireless Printing & Tech Services
Print wirelessly from a laptop or smart device at Victoria Public Library using SmartAlec:
- Access wireless printing through SmartAlec and follow the on-screen instructions
- You will be required to create an account to use our wireless printing service
- You may also download the free SmartAlec app for your mobile device
- Printing fees apply
- Print from home and pick up prints within 7 days
Use a Victoria Public Library public computer workstation to access the Internet, library databases and library software.
Requirements & Limitations
- A library card and PIN is required to use library computers
- Two hours of computer access per day
- Laptops may be checked out for in-library use for two hours
- Computers available on a first-come first-served basis
Examples of software available on public computer workstations include:
- Microsoft Access 2016
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Microsoft Word 2016
- ZoomText and JAWS (on Scanning Computer)
- Black and white copying available for $0.10 per side
- Black and white printing available for $0.10 per side
- Color printing available for $0.25 per side
- 3D Printing available for $0.10 per gram, with a $1 minimum
- Scanning available at no charge
- ScanPro 2000 microfilm reader/printers available at no charge
Access the Internet for free at Victoria Public Library (VPL).
- 2 hours of Internet access daily using library computers
Wireless Internet Access
Victoria Public Library offers unlimited wireless access to the Internet (Wi-Fi) for users with wireless-enabled laptop computers or mobile devices. Wireless Internet access uses radio frequency signals to exchange information between your computer and the Internet. No cables are required.
Wireless access is free of charge to all library patrons.
Legal & Responsible Use
All users are expected to use VPL’s wireless Internet access in a legal and responsible manner consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided.
In no instance is the library’s wireless access to be used for:
- Disrupting or obstructing other people’s work.
- Attempting to access or manipulate equipment to which you are not authorized to connect.
- Illegal purposes or any activity deliberately or maliciously offensive, libelous, or slanderous.
Violations may result in loss of computer access at the library. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in a serious and appropriate manner.