BASICS ABOUT COLLECTION
Collection details are listed below. Designated information can be found under Service Search. Appointments may be made by calling the Solid Waste office at 361-485-3220 or by scheduling online. If you schedule online and approve charges for a large item collection, you will receive a phone call letting you know when to place your items at the curb.
- Tree Limb use the service search to find information for your address. Everything over 6 cubic yards (4 feet by 4 feet by 10 feet) will have a $1.50 per minute fee. If out of cycle, there will be a $20 service fee plus $1.50 per minute fee. Note: When placing tree limbs, they must be placed at the curb and not in the street.
- Large Item collections can be called in by residents at any time. You receive two collection at 6 cubic yards (4 feet by 4 feet by 10 feet) per year with no additional charges. An additional charge of $1.50 a minute may apply if the pile is over 6 cubic yards. A service fee of $20 plus $1.50 per minute for more than two large item collections a year.
- Hazardous Waste At Your Door Special Waste Collection is a service contracted to Waste Management by the City of Victoria to provide residents with a safe and easy way to dispose of hazardous waste. Improperly disposing of hazardous waste may start fires, explode or react in the automated garbage / recycling collection trucks. To schedule a collection call 800-449-7587 or emailing Waste Management at Your Door.
2. Tree Limb: Please call the Solid Waste Division to make sure a truck is scheduled to be in your service area prior to cutting your limbs.
- Limbs must be no longer than 8 feet.
- Face all cut ends in the same direction.
- The City will pick up tree trunks no larger than 2 foot in diameter and no longer than 4 feet in length.
IN CYCLE COLLECTION: Which means trucks are scheduled to be in your area on the dates outlined in the collection calendar under service search. When in-cycle, residents may dispose of up to 6 cubic yards of tree limbs per quarter without additional charge. Anything over 6 cubic yards within each quarter is subject to $1.50 per minute collection charge.
OUT OF CYCLE COLLECTION: Meaning trucks are not scheduled to be in your area and must be sent on a special trip to collect tree limbs. Residents must schedule and agree to the extra charges before a truck can be sent on an out of cycle collection.
3. Large items: Vacant lots or unoccupied residential homes are not currently billed for services are not eligible for large item collection.
Important Reminders For Collection
Tree limbs or Large items may not be placed at the curb for longer than 48 hours before the trucks are in your scheduled service area. If items are left at the curb for longer than 48 hours, your items may be tagged, and your address turned over to Code Enforcement who will then open a case for your address.
To avoid this, we stress to all residence to contact the Solid Waste Division before placing any large items or tree limbs at the curb for collection.
View the City Code.
Large Item Important Notes: Glass Items: Be sure all glass items are either taped down or broken into smaller pieces and packaged inside of a box for safe, effective collection. Tires: No more than 4 tires may be collected at one time. Tires must be separated from the rim in order to be accepted as a large item collection. Hazardous Waste: Hazardous waste may not be collected as a large item. If in doubt, please call our office.
Basics About At Your Door Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Household Hazardous Waste is collected at your doorstep.
- Appointments can be made by either calling the hotline (800-449-7587) or via email.
- The operator will ask you several questions, including your address as well as the type and amount of materials available for collection.
- A Household Hazardous Waste kit will be mailed to you so you may gather and pack your materials for collection.
- Finally, a truck will come to your house and collect your materials from your doorstep on an agreed upon date.
If you have more materials than can be accepted in one collection, don’t worry! This service is available all year long as many times as you need it!