The Pretreatment Department is responsible for the enforcement of federal and state mandated pretreatment programs regulating commercial user discharges to the sanitary sewer. They regulate and enforce the Oil and Grease Ordinance for food service establishments and track annual testing of backflow prevention devices for commercial users in order to help protect the potable water supply.
Services provided by this department:
- Implement and enforce the federal and state mandated Pretreatment Program that regulates commercial user discharges to the sanitary sewer.
- Regulate the food service establishments (Oil and Grease Ordinance) that have the potential to discharge food wastes to the sanitary sewer.
- Process private well applications, issue permits, and conduct on-going monitoring of sites.
- Determine surcharges assessed to commercial users that discharge high strength or solids bearing waste.
- Assist the Spill Response Team.
- Provide customer service and training on proper disposal practices and pollution prevention.
- Important Notice to Commercial Accounts
- Prohibit Discharges to Storm Drain
- Kitchen Tips for the Holidays
- Accidental Spill Poster
- Fat Sewer Poster
- Grease Trap Additives
- Grease Trap Size Requirements
- Restaurant Clean-up Tips
- Sample Port Policy & Specifications
- Click Here for Sample Port Detail Drawing - AutoCad
- TCEQ Pollution Prevention Assistance
- Industrial Waste Ordinance
- Grease & Grit Trap Waste Ordinance
- Food Establishment Questionnaire
- Pretreatment Questionnaire/Application
- Annual Pretreatment Questionnaire
- Private Water Well Application
Do you have a question or concern for the Pretreatment Staff?
Please submit a Customer Service Request.