Access the Internet for free at Victoria Public Library.
- Unlimited wireless Internet access when using your own device
- Two hours of Internet access daily using library computers
Print wirelessly from a laptop or smart device at Victoria Public Library using SmartAlec:
- Click here to access wireless printing and follow the on-screen instructions
- You will be required to create an account to use our wireless printing service
- You may also download the free SmartAlec app for your mobile device
- Printing fees apply
- Print from home and pick up prints within 7 days
Use a Victoria Public Library public computer workstation to access the Internet, library databases and library software.
- A library card and PIN is required to use library computers
- Two hours of computer access per day
- Laptops may be checked out for in-library use for two hours
- Computers available on a first-come first-served basis
The following software is available on Public Computer Workstations:
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Microsoft Access 2016
- ZoomText and Jaws (on Scanning Computer)
Self-paced computer and software instruction available:
- Learning Express Library
- Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing (in Computer Lab)
Copying, Printing, Scanning and Microfilm
- Black and white copying available for 10¢ a side
- Black and white printing available for 10¢ a side
- Color printing available for 25¢ a side
- 3D Printing available for 10¢/gram, $1.00 minimum
- Scanning available at no charge
- ScanPro 2000 microfilm reader/printers available at no charge
Wireless Internet Access:
Victoria Public Library offers wireless access to the Internet (WiFi) for users with wireless enabled laptop computers or mobile devices. Wireless Internet access uses radio frequency signals to exchange information between your computer and the Internet. No cables are required. Wireless access is free of charge to all library patrons. VPL's wireless Internet service has no filtering in place. We encourage parents to supervise their children's Internet sessions. All users are expected to use VPL's wireless Internet access in a legal and responsible manner consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided. In no instance is the library's wireless access to be used for:
- Disrupting or obstructing other people's work.
- Attempting to access or manipulate equipment to which you are not authorized to connect.
- Illegal purposes or any activity deliberately or maliciously offensive, libelous, or slanderous.
Violations may result in loss of computer access at the library. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in a serious and appropriate manner.