The Finance Department is responsible for the financial administration of the City. Its functions include:
- Budget preparation, coordination and monitoring
- Annual presentation of budget documents to the City Council
- Payment of all invoices
- Providing for centralized cash receipts and accounts payable
- Purchasing goods and services on behalf of the City
- All accounting, auditing, financial reporting, internal controls, operating and capital budgeting
- Recording and documenting all financial transactions, expenditures control, revenue management, cash and investment management, and asset and debt management.
The Finance Department also provides management, direction and oversight for the Purchasing Department. The Finance and Purchasing staffs ensure that financial, procurement and budgetary accountability are met for the entire organization.
The City of Victoria values financial transparency and accountability. To view our Financial Transparency webpage, click here.