|Inspections are conducted to ensure commercial buildings and residential
homes comply with recognized standards. Cross-trained inspectors
verify compliance with applicable codes as well as state and federal
Types of inspections required:
- Underground plumbing and electrical raceways – prior to the covering of an electrical raceway, such as those contained in a buried ditch or beneath a concrete slab-on-grade foundation
- Foundation – prior to pouring concrete with reinforcement in place
- Framing/ Rough-In/ Top out – prior to covering plumbing, wiring, electrical raceways within a wall, floor or ceiling spaces
- Insulation – prior to drywall (as required by the International Energy Conservation Code)
- Final Inspection at completion of construction (before electrical turn on)
- Re-inspection – As needed.
- Temporary power – prior to connecting any electrical system to an energizing source, such as a utility provider or individual electrical generating system.
The contractor is responsible to schedule all inspections. Inspections requested prior to 8:30am Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays) will generally be performed the same day.
To request an inspection, call our 24-hour Inspection Request Line at 361-485-3333.