Hurricane Harvey Repair Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

There has been a recent influx of contractors in our City who are performing post-disaster clean-up and repairs. All contractors must hold a valid contractor’s license with the City of Victoria to perform any work within the City which requires a building permit, including emergency repairs. These can be obtained at the Development Center. Unlicensed contractors will incur a $100 penalty at a minimum.  Unlicensed work will not be tolerated.

A license is not required for tree and fence contractors or for contractors that perform work that does not need to be permitted.

The links below include important information about repairing damage caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Fence Reconstruction Guide

Natural Disasters

Hiring a Contractor

Please call 361-485-3320 to verify if a contractor has been licensed to perform work in our City. This list is only for general contractors.  Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) contractors are licensed by both the State of Texas and the City of Victoria.  ALL contractors should be able to produce a copy of their City Contractor's License or state license (if applicable).