Our main goal with Park and Recreation Month is to promote the great opportunities and resources that local park and recreation agencies provide and to let the public know that July is a great time to get out and see all of the incredible things that re happening in their communities.
With everything from sports leagues to special events, Park and Recreation Month is the perfect time to highlight all the different things we offer for people of all ages and abilities.
In addition to visiting a park or recreation area during July, you can get involved in Park and Recreation Month by:
- Using the social media graphics and the hashtag #DiscoverParksVictoria throughout the month.
- Participating in the Park and Recreation Month Field Day on July 13th, 2019.
- Downloading the official Park and Recreation Month Poster and hanging it up, taking pictures with it or sharing copies of it with your community.
- Participating in our weekly contests throughout the month of July.
- Join the conversation on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #DiscoverParksVictoria.
July 13th Field Day Tournaments
Sand Volleyball Tournament
Disc Golf Tournament
Call to Sign Up
- Date: 08/17/2019
- Introduction: Come float the Guadalupe River with your trusty Parks and Recreation staff! We are going to offer lessons at Son Valley Ranch starting at 8am. Then make our way to the Boat Ramp at Riverside Park. We will stop at Grover's Bend for lunch, and take out at the Pumphouse! Shuttles will be provided!
Call 361.485.3200 to register.
We have 8 tandum kayaks and 2 single kayaks for rent!
Registration is $10 for (instruction, & lunch) or $20 for (instruction, lunch, & kayak rental).
Our put in spot will be at the boat ramp and take out spot will be at the Pumphouse!