PHOTO #1: Parks & Recreation staff paddle the Guadalupe River in Riverside Park before a kayak clinic in 2022. The City is partnering with Flow Paddle Co to host a kayaking competition as part of the 2023 TAAF Winter Games of Texas.
PHOTO #2: Disc golf will be played at Riverside Park during the 2023 TAAF Winter Games of Texas.
Residents will have another chance to watch top amateur athletes from around the state and beyond as the 2023 Texas Amateur Athletic Federation Winter Games of Texas continues during the next two weekends.
The City will host a youth softball tournament 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Feb. 25 and 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Feb. 26 at the Victoria Youth Sports Complex, 107 N. Ben Wilson St. More than 50 teams are scheduled to attend.
The following weekend, March 3-5, these events will take place:
- Adult tennis: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. March 4, Victoria Country Club, 14 Spring Creek Road
- Disc golf: 9 a.m.-noon March 4-5 with finals starting at 1 p.m. March 5, Riverside Disc Golf Course and Fox’s Bend Disc Golf Course within Riverside Park
- Flag football: 10 a.m.-midnight March 4 and 10 a.m.-10 p.m. March 5, Riverside Soccer Complex, 1407 W. Red River St.
- Golf: 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. March 4, Riverside Golf Course, 302 McCright Drive
- Kayaking: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. March 3-4, Guadalupe River within Riverside Park (starting at the boat ramp); awards ceremony 6 p.m. March 5 at the Memorial Rose Garden
Event times are subject to change based on attendance and other factors. Information about individual events is available at www.victoriatx.gov/tournaments.
The 2023 TAAF Winter Games are expected to attract more than 2,500 athletes during the three-weekend series, along with coaches and spectators.
To learn more about the TAAF Winter Games, visit www.victoriatx.gov/tournaments.
To view photos from the first weekend of the TAAF Winter Games, visit www.victoriatx.gov/communications.