Ancestry Library (in-library use only) provides genealogical coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom, including:
- Census records
- Church records
- Collections of records from Canada and other areas
- Court records
- Immigration records
- Vital records
Contains approximately 4,000 databases including key collections such as:
- American Genealogical Biographical Index (over 200 volumes)
- Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage (over 150 volumes)
- Federal Slave Narratives
- The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620 to 1630
- The Map Center containing more than 1,000 historical maps
- Social Security Death Index (updated monthly)
- A strong Civil War collection
- U.S. Federal Census images and indexes from 1790 to 1930
- World War 1 Draft Registration Cards
Heritage Quest can be used to search and use data from the U.S. Federal Censuses from 1790 to 1930, more than 22,000 full-text family and local histories, and the Periodical Source Index (PERSI), a subject index of 6,300 local history and genealogy periodicals.
The database also includes Revolutionary War pension and bounty-land-warrant application files, as well as the Freedman’s Bank Records, an important resource for African-American genealogical research.
Additionally, there are more than 250 primary-source documents such as tax lists, city directories, and probate records.
Newspaper Archive (in-library use only) is the largest historical newspaper database online, contains tens of millions of newspaper pages from 1759 to present. Every newspaper in the archive is fully searchable by keyword and date, making it easy for you to quickly explore historical content.
Texas Digital Sanborn Maps
Texas Digital Sanborn Maps contain detailed property and land-use records of Texas towns and cities from 1867 to 1970. Streets, landmarks, and other places noted in the map’s index are pinpointed. Details on buildings are noted, including:
- Construction materials
- House numbers
- Size and shape
- Street and sidewalk widths
- Windows and doors
The maps can be manipulated, expanded, printed, and downloaded.