The Victoria Police Department is pleased that you have chosen to participate in our Ride-Along Program. The purpose of the program is to provide interested citizens with an insight into the line operations of the Department. It is our hope that you will find this experience both informative and enjoyable.
Ride-Along Application VPD Ride-Along Policy
(Acrobat Reader Required for above Documents)
We would like you to be fully aware of the conditions and circumstances under which this program operates:
You will be assigned to ride with a Police Officer of this Department. He/she will be assigned to his/her normal duties and will respond to all calls for service to which he/she is assigned.
- Police officers can be and often are assigned duties, which involve danger, and serious risks. The officer with whom you are riding is no different. He/she will not avoid or disregard duties which involve emergencies or danger simply because you are with him/her.
- You are aware that the right front passenger airbag has been disconnected for safety reasons due to equipment mounted in the marked police units.
- While every effort will be made to ensure your safety, the police officers first responsibility will be to carry out his/her assigned duties.
- The police officer you will accompany will be happy to discuss his/her duties and responsibilities insofar as time permits. If, however, some emergency should arise, you must IMMEDIATELY AND WITHOUT QUESTION comply with any orders or directions given to you by the officer. This is for your own safety.
After filling out the Ride-Along Application, you have several choices in getting us the original signed and witnessed form:
- You may drop it off at the VPD Records Section on the first floor of City Hall - 105 W. Juan Linn (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- Monday - Friday (business days).
- You may drop it off at the VPD Crime Prevention Unit in Victoria Mall near the Sears Store. Call first to make sure someone will be there at (361)485-3808.
- You may mail the original to the Victoria Police Department, P.O. Box 2086, Victoria, TX 77902 - Attention Police Administration.
- We do not accept faxed copies - you must get us the original signed and witnessed form.
- Please make sure that all blanks are filled out. Get someone to witness your signature and sign in the "witness" blank. Also please initial in a blank on page one regarding the right front airbag being disconnected.
- Also - we want you to review the Ride-Along policy provided at the link above.
The form will then be forwarded to Police Administration for approval. If you have any questions, feel free to call Administration at (361)485-3714.
- To check to verify if your rider application was approved call our Administrative Office(361)485-3714.
- Once approved – All Ride-Alongs must be set up in advance. You should call (361)485-3700 (only 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays) and ask to speak with the Patrol Platoon’s Sergeant or Lieutenant to set up any anticipated ride-alongs.