||101 N Main
Twelve lights around the square are part of what is officially known as the "Memorial White Way." Similar light poles are located on the City Hall Square.
Some time shortly after World War I, or in early 1919, a movement was started to raise funds to purchase and install some type of lights as memorials to pioneer Victoria businessmen. In addition to honoring these early residents, the lights would be added attractions to the small city parks.
By 1923, the required funds were raised, and the lights were purchased and erected.
The lights on DeLeon Plaza have metal brackets near the top to hold four flowers pots. These were a gift from Mr. Leopold Morris as a memorial to his eldest daughter, the late Mrs. Harold (Virginia) Johnston.
There are 47 trees on the Plaza made up of 6 different species, Live Oak, Elm, Pecan, Ash, Magnolias, and Redwood.
The sidewalks around the park were constructed before 1930. All of the walks which criss-cross the square today were built when the park was filled in.
There are 23 park benches along the straight walks and 16 spaced around the bandstand.
The first structure built for musicians to perform was built in the early 1870's as an open-air roofless platform near the corner of Bridge and Constitution.
In 1899, the members of Wagner's Brass Band requested that the stand be rebuilt with a roof and moved to a site on the Constitution Street side just west of the present Confederate Monument. Here it stood until 1923 when the standpipe was dismantled and the building was again moved and placed on the large concrete standpipe foundation where it has stood for 49 years.
In 1962, the Band Stand was completely restored by Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Pickering.
On March 24, 1987, the location was entered into the National Register of Historical Places.
The little drinking fountain on the East Side, adjacent to Main, is a memorial to E. L. Dunlap, Sr. and was a gift from the Victoria Civic Association.
The Six Flags Monument, which sits on the corner of Main and Constitution, was dedicated on April 14, 1962, to the "Explorers, Founders, and Colonists of Victoria." Located here are the Six Flags which have flown over Texas and a large three-panel granite dedication plaque.
The Confederate Monument is located on the corner of Main and Constitution. The bigger than life statue of a "Solider of the Confederate States of America," was dedicated by the William P. Rogers, Victoria Chapter of the Daughters of the Confederacy, on June 3, 1912.
Time Capsule (placed in 1986)