Our water production team maintains the water plants, wells, water towers and sewer lift stations. The Surface Water Treatment Plant is on-line. The plant replaces most of the wells that feed the city. Ten (10) wells are still operational and maintained for emergency purposes, such as drought.
Services provided by this team:
- Maintains the two (2) active pumping plants currently supplying the City and the ten (10) water wells and five (5) water towers used for the supply.
- Maintains the Surface Water Treatment Plant that provides most of the city's water supply.
- Maintains the City's sixteen (16) lift stations used to transport the wastewater to the two (2) sewage treatment plants.
- Takes water samples for bacteriological, chemical, radiological and other testing at random locations throughout the city as mandated by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Performs routine flushing of water mains throughout the city.
- Responds to customer concerns regarding water quality.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state mandates and requirements regarding water quality.
SWTP Construction/Project Manager - Barry Huebner
Do you have a question or concern for the Water Production Staff?
Please submit a Customer Service Request.