Victoria Public Library
You may access the Internet, library databases, and library software on the computers.
- A library card and pin number is required to access the computers.
- All patrons have a 2 hour limit of computer access per day.
- Computers are available on a first-come first-served basis.
On all library computers:
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Microsoft Publisher 2010
- Microsoft Access 2010
On computers in genealogy and the computer lab:
- Personal Historian
- Roots Magic
On computers in the computer lab:
- Mavis Beacon Typing Tutor
Printing is available:
- 10¢ per page for black and white
- 25¢ per page for color
Self-guided computer instruction:
Wireless Internet Access:
Victoria Public Library offers wireless access to the Internet (WiFi) for users with wireless enabled laptop computers or PDA's. Wireless Internet access uses radio frequency signals to exchange information between your computer and the Internet. No cables are required. Wireless access is free of charge to all library patrons. VPL's wireless Internet service has no filtering in place. We encourage parents to supervise their children's Internet sessions. All users are expected to use VPL's wireless Internet access in a legal and responsible manner consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided. In no instance is the library's wireless access to be used for:
- Disrupting or obstructing other people's work.
- Attempting to access or manipulate equipment to which you are not authorized to connect.
- Illegal purposes or any activity deliberately or maliciously offensive, libelous, or slanderous.
Violations may result in loss of computer access at the library. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in a serious and appropriate manner.
Wireless Print Software is required to use wireless printing at Victoria Public Library. Click on the below link and select run to install the software. After installation the Wireless Print Software will be located in the lower right corner of your desktop. Start the print session and select Wireless Printer from the printer list to activate printing.
NOTE: You must be connected to the Victoria Public Library's wireless network to download the wireless print software.