GUADALUPE RIVER FLOOD UPDATE: The National Weather Service is forecasting the Guadalupe River in Victoria to crest at 29.9 feet Thursday afternoon, which is "major flood stage" level. A disaster declaration was issued for Victoria due to the imminent threat of the flood.
- Riverside Park and the City RV Park are CLOSED
- A voluntary evacuation was issued for Greens Addition. Anyone choosing to evacuate should do so by Tuesday at 5pm. Anyone choosing to stay should be prepared with food, drinks and medications through at least Sunday evening.
- A flood hotline is active at 361-580-5796 and will be staffed from 8am to 8pm until this event is over.
- Evacuees in need of shelter can report to First United Methodist Church at 407 N Bridge Street, Victoria, TX 77901. The shelter opens at 2pm today in the gymnasium/recreation center building. The shelter available for evacuees will only accept service animals (seeing eye dogs, seizure dogs, etc). If you need shelter and have a pet, please drop the pet off with friends or family, or have the pet boarded.
- Beginning today, first responders will go door-to-door in low lying neighborhoods with high water warnings.
Click here to read the latest news update with more information.
For those who are traveling outside of Victoria or for those who are on the way back to Victoria, check TXDOT's "road closure" web site at http://www.drivetexas.org