NEW POSTING: Police Officer Trainee, Licensed or Currently Attending a TCOLE Academy
Post Date:01/12/2015 9:54 AM
Job Description Summary
Responds to emergency and non-emergency requests for police service and enforces all federal laws, state laws and city ordinances.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills—
Ability to read and interpret policies, ordinances, state laws, reports and updates regarding criminal activity. Ability to complete a variety of written reports which may be used in a court of law. Skill in the use of firearms and other related law enforcement equipment. Knowledge of computers and typing skills.
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification—
Twenty-one (21) years or over (18 years with 60 academic semester hours, college credit or two years military service). High school diploma; OR, GED. Certified as a TCOLE Peace Officer. Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license with driving record that meets City guidelines. Spelling abilities (passing score 70%) and a minimum net typing speed of 25 words per minute.
Applicants currently attending a TCOLE Academy are encouraged to apply. Employment eligibility requires successful completion of the Academy courses and certification as a TCOLE Peace Officer.
To apply for any position within the Victoria Police Department, please follow the steps below:
1. Log in to account (if you do not have an account you can create one by simply clicking on “Create Account” on the left side of the page).
2. Select the posting you would like to apply for and click on “Apply to this Job.”
3. Proceed through the online application by completing the required fields and making appropriate selections.
4. Upon completion of your online application, select that you certify the information is true, enter your initials, and click “submit.”
5. You will receive an immediate message including a confirmation number. An email will be sent as well to the email address you provided.
6. Selected applicants will also be requested to successfully complete the following:
Submit all additional required documentation as described on the Document Checklist for Police Positions on page 4 of the Personal Information and History Packet.
Important… Care should be given to make sure that you meet the minimum standards set forth in the Personal Information and History Packet. Those that do not meet the minimum standards will not be allowed to complete the process and be considered for employment. Information will be provided to applicants concerning the dates, times and locations for any exams after all applications have been received.
Applicants will be disqualified for:
Failure to meet established deadlines
Not meeting the minimum standards as set out by the City of Victoria
Refusal or failure to provide requested documents
Willful deceit and/or furnishing false or misleading information in the application, Personal Information and History Packet, or other application process
Failure to complete the entire online application or Personal Information and History Packet