Pokemon Go Safety Tips
Many of you have heard of Pokémon Go, an augmented reality game app in which you walk around using an Iphone or Android smart phone to find and capture Pokémon characters at various locations.
If you use this app (or other similar apps) or have children that do we encourage you to do the following:
- Watch out for your surroundings. Look up and be aware of who is around you besides Pokemon
- Parents: Limit places kids can go. Set boundaries to avoid stranger danger for kids unattended
- Don’t Pokemon Go and drive. Catching Pikachu isn’t worth having an accident.
- Tell people where you’re going if it is somewhere you’ve never been.
- Don’t trespass. People might call the police if you enter private property and your Pokemon can’t help you.
- Don't forget the City's Juvenile Curfew. The city has a city wide juvenile curfew for anyone younger than 17 years old. The City’s Curfew hours are Monday through Friday 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. that same day; and Saturday or Sunday 1:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. Also from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on any days that the school in which the minor is enrolled in is in session unless the minor has school permission to be off-campus.
- Remember to follow rules in public places such as City of Victoria Parks and cemeteries.
Keep in mind that City Parks are closed between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. every day of the week. It is a crime to enter or remain in a city cemetery at any time after dark. This includes 30 minutes after sunset and 30 minutes before sunrise.